Monday, February 06, 2006

What do they do?

What do they do? This quesition has come into my mind so many times. I live in a suburb of Detroit with my family. All of my family member are naturally Japanese. Once I come back to my house, there is Japan even if I live in the U.S. Besides, I don't have any American friends. Therefore, sometime, I do something different. Yesterday was February 7th. I went to a fitness club as usual. The fitness club was almost empty! I know sunday night isn't busy, but last night was special. What did they do?
Maybe, the reason was super bowl, but I didn't think it was such a remarkable event, so I was very surprised. In today's ESL class, teacher asked students whether we watched super bowl. To my relief, everybody answered "no." It seems to be difficult for foreigners to understand how super bowl is important.

No comments: